Saturday, February 16, 2013

My Homemade Caramel Adventure

These were so easy!You will need a microwave oven for this one.

Ingredients
1/4 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup white sugar
1/2 Cup brown sugar
1/2 Cup light Karo syrup
1/2 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk

Directions

Combine all ingredients
Cook 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes
Stir and pour into lightly greased dish
Let cool
Cut, wrap in wax paper and store in airtight container.

When I finished making these my hubby thought it looked like saltwater taffy! LOL

Go ahead and make some today!!

Hugs - Jett

8 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to make homemade caramels - they are so delicious! Saltwater taffy reminds me of my grandpa. He used to always have a stash of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz - these are super easy! If you cut some wax paper squares while they are cooling it will really save time later. Stop by later for more Random Streams of Jett :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Dorothy! Good to see you here =)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Lauren!

      Delete
  5. Homemade caramel is something I've been thinking of trying.
    These look so good.
    I think gonna try my hand at making some this w/end.
    Thanks, Jett!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Colette - Thanks for stopping by! Let me know how they turn out =)

    ReplyDelete