Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Italian Ravioli Lasagna


I grew up on spaghetti. My mom made the best lasagna with her special sauce that would simmer for hours. Man, I would love to have a big helping of her lasagna right now!! Since that can't happen, I searched online for many recipes using ingredients that I already had, so I could make my own version of lasagna.

 Leftovers worked out GREAT for this dish! Earlier this week I cooked some Italian sausages that we had in the refrigerator. There was some spinach/ricotta stuffed ravioli that I wanted to do something with, but didn't know exactly if my hubby would approve. I had some cooked ground turkey also. Hmmmm, the wheels were turning. Some store bought spaghetti sauce and more cheese is all I needed to compile this masterpiece.

Ok, This is all you need to create this filling, satisfying Italian Ravioli Lasagna:

Kroger Spinach Florentine Ravioli - http://www.privateselection.com/artisan-products/frozen-foods/frozen-entrees/spinach-florentine-ravioli/

1 Jar of your favorite brand spaghetti sauce - http://www.walmart.com/ip/Classico-Traditional-Favorites-Italian-Sausage-Pasta-Sauce-with-Peppers-Onions-24-oz/10307630

Your favorite brand of shredded Italian cheese (medium sized bag)

3 Italian sausages (cooked & sliced) ... I used Kroger Brand

1 to 2 Cups cooked ground turkey (Season it to your liking)

Parmesan cheese

******************************************************************
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
To assemble:
Cook ravioli in boiling water for 6-8 minutes. Drain and set them on a paper towel or parchment paper.
Open the jar of sauce and lightly spread over the bottom of a 13 x 9 pan.
Place ravioli over the sauce. Add the sliced Italian sausage, ground turkey, and cheese.
Cover each ravioli with a spoonful of spaghetti sauce. You should have enough ravioli to layer one more time,
Add more cheese if desired.
Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until bubbly.

I was nervous since I had never made this before. Hubby LOVED it!! And it was super easy to fix. The hardest thing was opening the jar of sauce!!

Add a few slices of garlic bread and you've got dinner!!
If you have any questions about the preparation of this dish, please let me know!

Enjoy your day today folks!
Jett












No comments:

Post a Comment